Who are the AAF 12? They are the dozen artists joining us at the Affordable Art Fair 2012.
On the eleventh day leading up to AAF, my UGal gave to me: Alaina Sullivan
1. How long have you been in New York City? Just over a year.
2. Have you been in an art show before? I’ve been several smaller shows, but nothing of this magnitude nor in NYC, so I’m pretty pumped.
3. Have you shown at AAF in previous years? Nope, but I worked at it last year so it will be very cool to experience it from the other side.
4. Do you plan on attending AAF? Definitely — it’s a great way for a young artist to get inspired and see the other work being produced by fellow contemporaries.
5. How many pieces do you have going to the fair? Three sizable oil paintings — still have to figure out how to get them to Midtown!
6. What is one word to describe your art? Fluid.
7. What piece of art will be the hardest to part with if it is sold? Deep. It’s my newest and the second I’ve done in that dark palette because I find it so interesting. It also looks great in my apartment right now…
8. What’s your favorite NYC museum? The Guggenheim.
9. Do you have a favorite NYC restaurant?That’s an extremely difficult question to answer, especially for someone whose other foot is in the food industry, but I’ve had some really memorable meals at Blue Hill NYC, Marc Forgione, and Morimoto.
10. Upper East Side or Financial District? Harlem.
11. What’s your favorite NYC tourist destination? The High Line, or Union Square Greenmarket
12. Manhattan or Brooklyn? Tough call — I live in Manhattan, but love the Brooklyn vibe as well.
Browse the Affordable Art Fair 2012 collection and you can snag Alaina Sullivan’s water wonders before they are picked up at the fair.