Who are the AAF 12? They are the dozen artists joining us at the Affordable Art Fair 2012.
On the tenth day leading up to AAF, my UGal gave to me: Christine Soccio
1. Have you been to New York City? Yes, I received my BFA from The School of Visual Arts and I worked in NYC for several years after I graduated.
2. Have you been in an art show before? Yes, a couple of solo shows, a few group shows with the 14th Colony in Millerton NY and last years AAF.
3. Have you shown at AAF in previous years? Yes, last year and it was great!
4. Do you plan on attending AAF? Yes, Friday night, Saturday & Sunday afternoon. Love to go Wednesday too but we’ll see if I can find a sitter. ;)
5. How many pieces do you have going to the fair? Five or Six
6. What is one word to describe your art? Emotional
7. What piece of art will be the hardest to part with if it is sold? I would say “Rays”. I painted it on a trip last year and it has special memories.
8. What’s your favorite NYC museum? The MoMA
9. Do you have a favorite NYC restaurant? It changes frequently depending on my mood. Right now I’m on a tapas kick. There’ s a place on 7th ave in Chelsea that has an incomprehensible name that I really enjoyed on my last gallery crawl.
10. Upper East Side or Financial District? Upper East Side
11. What’s your favorite NYC tourist destination? The Met
12. Manhattan or Brooklyn? Manhattan feels more like home. Brooklyn is a wild unknown.
Browse the Affordable Art Fair 2012 collection and you can snag Christine Soccio’s awing abstracts before they are picked up at the fair.