As we approach the holidays, the prospects of cozying up with your loved ones draws nearer as well. We want to spread the love this season with some art. This month, UGallery’s Caption Contest asks you to come up with a romantic caption. We think it’s the perfect way for collectors to get creative.
The image we are using is Hal Robert Myers’s Rosita’s Grandparents, Chiapas, Mexcio. Here’s how to win it!
1. Visit our Photography Pinterest board
2. Follow us on Pinterest and find this pin (below)
3. Leave a witty little caption for a chance to win an 8X10 Limited Edition Print!
Remember, you must comment on the image from UGallery’s board. Make sure you aren’t commenting on a repin. If you have any questions, feel free to comment on this post or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read on for the official rules and regulations!
UGALLERY’S “CAPTION CONTEST” OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES: These are the official rules that govern how UGallery’s “Caption Contest” promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to UGallery, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on November 14, 2012 and ends at 4:00 p.m. ET on November 19, 2012 (“Entry Period”).
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 18 years of age or older.
- If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes; and
- You are NOT an employee of UGallery
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a UGallery employee, an employee of a UGallery subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
To enter, you must do all of the following during the Entry Period to be eligible:
Step 1: Sign into Pinterest.com account at http://pinterest.com/. If you do not have a Pinterest account, visit http://pinterest.com/ to request an invitation to register for a free account. There may be a waiting period in between when you request membership and when you are issued an invitation.
Step 2: Visit http://pinterest.com/ugallery/photography/ and “repin” the contest announcement image.
Step 3: Leave a comment on our pin with your best caption.
Limit 1 entry per person and per Pinterest account.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above,
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
On or around the close of the Entry Period, we will randomly select one (1) winner from among all eligible entries received to win the following prize: an 8X10 Limited Edition Print
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you via an @response to your Pinterest account provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner. Winners can expect to receive their prize within two (2) to three (3) weeks following verification of eligibility.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
Gift cards subject to all terms and conditions set by retailer. You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless UGallery, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
- That UGallery’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
- That by accepting a prize, UGallery may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of California, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of California for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure)affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
To receive a list of winners who received a prize worth $25.00 or more, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “UGallery Pinterest Sweepstakes” before November 30, 2012.